HOUSE POLICY ON THE RESPONSIBLE SERVING OF ALCOHOL
• This Club recognises that it is against the law to serve any person to intoxication.
• This Club recognises that it is against the law to serve or supply alcohol to any person under the age of 18.
• This Club recognises that it is against the law to allow intoxicated, disruptive or violent behaviour to occur on the premises.
• This Club seeks to ensure that no harm comes to patrons as a result of our service of alcohol.
• The following Policies and Procedures have been adopted to ensure the responsible service of Alcohol.
• A range of drinks are offered on these premises. These include a range of non-alcoholic beverages.
• This Club will not serve more than on nip (30ml) of spirits per glass.
• This Club discourages excessive drinking “shots”. Straight drinks of spirits/liquors will be served at the managers/supervisors discretion.
• This Club will only serve TWO drinks per customer after 10pm.
• Iced water is provided on a complimentary basis on request.
• This Club seeks to create an environment that discourages drunken, disruptive or violent behaviour.
• This Club does not seek to encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol through pricing.
• Low alcohol beers and non-alcoholic beverages are stocked and promoted.
• Staff have been acquainted with this House Policy and training to implement it.
• If a staff member feels that a patron has become intoxicated they will be asked to leave……………It’s the LAW.
• If such patrons fail to leave the Police will be called and patrons may be fined.
• The senior duty staff person will determine whether or not service should be refused.
• If service is refused the senior duty staff person will politely explain to the patron(s) that the Club cannot legally serve alcohol to the point of intoxication.
UNDER AGE DRINKING
• This Club has surveillance procedures designed to detect under age persons seeking to enter the premises.
• If a staff member believes that a person who is ordering or being supplied alcohol, is under 18 years of age, they will politely request proof of age (Passport, RTA Photo Card or Photo Drivers Licence).
• If the person is less than 18 years of age, or refused to produce identification, staff will refuse service and request Senior Duty Staff Member to ask person to leave Club Premises.
• An incident book is maintained to record all occasions on which proof of age identification is required.
DISRUPTIVE, VIOLENT OR INTOXICATED BEHAVIOUR
• This Club does not allow intoxicated persons to enter Club premises.
• If a staff member becomes aware that a person’s behaviour is becoming disruptive or violent they will notify the Senior Duty Staff person.
• If the behaviour is not reduced the Senior Duty Staff Member/or designated staff person will require the person(s) to leave Club premises
• As a last resort Police will be called to remove person(s).
DRIVING WITH ILLEGAL BLOOD ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION
• Staff members will seek to discourage persons who appear to have a blood alcohol concentration higher than the legal limit from driving.
• The Club offers a number of services designed to discourage drinking and driving. These services include: Making of alternative transport arrangements; holding of car keys in a safe place.
REFUSAL OF SERVICE
• If service of alcohol is refused to members or guests the staff members refusing service will emphasise that the individual’s patronage is greatly valued. The staff member will then inform the member or guest that further service of alcohol is illegal and could jeopardise the Club’s Liquor Licence.
• All staff have been informed about this policy on responsible service of alcohol and adequately trained to support this policy.
• This Club seeks to publicise and promote its position on Responsible Service Practise.
• You are required by law to move more than 50 metres away from our premised.
• You can not return to our venue for at least 24 hours.
• You are not permitted to return to the vicinity within 6 hours.
• If you fail to comply you are committing an offence and police may take action.